[wpkg-users] Messages during install not shown under W2K?!

Sebastian Hoffmann sebastian.hoffmann at pallas-group.de
Wed Jul 28 11:19:00 CEST 2010

  Hello list,

I've noticed a strange behaviour during introduction of WPKG on our
clients: I installed the wpkg-client now on 6 machines with Windows 2000
and none of them showed the two messages I configured in the "logon
settings" tab of the client. This feature works perfectly under Windows
XP and I thought it doesn't work under W2K, Vista an 7.
Now I installed the client on another W2K machine and the two messages
are being shown during system start-up before the login window comes up.
It would be great to show that messages on all machines and at best
during shut-down to not interrupt users in the morning at the begin of
their work.
Can you give me a hint what may be the difference between this system
and the other ones? I don't belief that Windows updates are the reason,
because all use our WSUS....?!

--
Sebastian Hoffmann