[wpkg-users] Program installs fine when calling js, but not when through service

Sat Jul 10 22:38:30 CEST 2010

I just had the same phenomenon happen to me. It turns out that the reason is actually embedded in a comment in wpkg.js: if the program you call from within your .JS produces more than approximately 4kb of output to stdout, a buffer fills up and that program stalls.

It appears that this has to do with how Microsoft implemented Javascript (I didn't look too deeply into it, just found the comment in wpkg.js ).

The solution is to make sure your batch file produces less output than that. Look into quiet output and/or redirecting output to >NUL