[wpkg-users] Checking for a Registry Value

Troy Hamilton troy.a.hamilton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 21:28:46 CEST 2010

Hi Christopher,

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Christopher Rector <crector at siumed.edu>wrote:

>  I understand how the checks work to detect a given registry value, but how
> do you check for a default value that doesn't have a name other that
> (default)

> Here's what I want to look for and if it exists then I want to blank the
> value by importing a .reg file that deletes the current value.
>
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile\shellex\IconHandler]
> @="{00021401-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"

I know that this check will work to see if the default value exists:

<check type="registry" condition="exists"
path="HKCR\lnkfile\shellex\IconHandler" />

If you really need your check to trigger on the exact value, then I would
try this:

<check type="registry" condition="equals"
path="HKCR\lnkfile\shellex\IconHandler"
value="{00021401-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" />

I'm not sure if it will work, but you should be able to test it pretty
easily.

Cheers,

Troy