[wpkg-users] Problems with the WOW64 mess

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Tue Jun 1 11:21:59 CEST 2010

> > Tried - and failed with an administrative user "test". settings test
is
> > odd:
> > "Executing as test" -> OK
> > "Connecting to \\wpkg....\wpkg.js as <domain>\wpkg" -> OK
> > "Trying to read \\wpkg....\wpkg.js" -> FAIL -> Access denied...
> >
> > this doesn't make much sense, because
> > a) I can read the file perfectly on a cmd shell as user "test"
>
> Most likely you're already connected to the share as a different user
> (net use...) - Windows can't bind twice to the same share with the same
> credentials, and you see the error.

Are you sure? Shouldn't the "Connecting" stage fail first?

And why does it work when I use Windows "runas" and not WPKGs built in
execution context feature?

I suspect that "WPKG execution context" means something different than I'm
expecting...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

Heiko Helmle
Software Development
HORIBA Europe Automation Division GmbH
Zabergäustr. 3
73765 Neuhausen (Germany)
Phone:   +49 7158-933-415
Fax:         +49 7158-933-615
E-mail:    heiko.helmle at horiba.com
www:        http://www.ats.horiba.com
Geschäftsführer: Thomas E. Ehmann, Yuichi Muroga, Takashi Nagano
Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 213200