[wpkg-users] Removing a dependency, removes all packages in the dependency chain

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Tue Jun 8 09:36:52 CEST 2010

Rainer Meier <r.meier at wpkg.org> writes:

> Hi Stefan,

Hello,

[...]

> I will have a look at the logs you sent to me (I received them, thank you). I am
> going to handle this with medium priority as it seems not to be reproducible at
> the moment. Please inform me if you have a clear test case where this happens or
> if it happens again to you.

I have the same problem here, with GTK2 and pidgin-2.6.6-no-gtk.

I had:

host:
  \- pidgin
       \- GTK2

With pidgin 2.7.0, there is no no-gtk version any more, so I remove the
dependency in pidgin.xml and I have the following:

ERROR   : Command '"%SOFTWARE%\pidgin\2.6.6\remove.cmd"" was unsuccessful.|Le chemin d'acc<E8>s sp<E9>cifi<E9> est introuvable.|
ERROR   : Exit code returned non-successful value: -1|Package: Pidgin.|Command:|"%SOFTWARE%\pidgin\2.6.6\remove.cmd"
ERROR   : Could not process (remove) Pidgin.|Package still installed.
ERROR   : Removal of depending packages for 'GNOME Tool Kit' (gtk2) failed. Removal of depending package 'Pidgin' (pidgin) failed
ERROR   : Failed to remove package which depends on 'GNOME Tool Kit (gtk2), skipping removal.|You might use the /force flag to force removal but remember that the package depending on this on
ERROR   : Could not process (remove) GNOME Tool Kit.|Package still installed.

My problem is that pidgin 2.6.6 is not available anymore since I
distribute 2.7.0.

Regards.
--
Daniel Dehennin