[wpkg-users] XML packages tree

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Tue Jun 15 16:30:34 CEST 2010

Rainer Meier <r.meier at wpkg.org> writes:

> Hi Daniel,

Hello,

> Currently WPKG either supports defining all your packages in
> packages.xml or in packages/ sub-folder as independent files (or files
> containing multiple packages. But it does currently not do recursive

[...]

> Or even to put all browsers in browsers.xml and all zip applications in zip.xml
> (Note that one XML file can contain multiple packages).

My idea was to put the XML package in the directory of the software to
have something like:

zip/7zip/9.13/
           \- install.cmd
           \- remove.cmd
           \- unattended.cmd
           \- 7zip.xml
           \- 7z913.msi
           \- 7z913-x64.msi

As we have everything in a VCS repository, it's easier to manage all the
files in one repository than in two.

What do you think about loading the packages based on profiles and local
wpkg.xml database? Is it useful to load every packages in packages.xml
and packages/*xml ?

Regards.
--
Daniel Dehennin