[wpkg-users] Copy CMD ....

Troy Hamilton troy.a.hamilton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 22:36:16 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 2:21 PM, <trple.dragon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have quick question I'm trying to copy some files from the WPKG(Server)
> to Local Machine its a virus database update ...
>
> I guess there is something wrong with my syntax bc its not working ...

<install timeout="15" cmd="cmd copy %SOFTWARE%\WPKG\st\av\1.zz C:\Documents
> and Settings\All Users\.zg\cc /Y"/>

I would recommend using XCOPY.EXE in place of COPY like so:

cmd='xcopy.exe %SOFTWARE%\WPKG\st\av\1.zz "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\.zg\cc /Y"'/>

Since XCOPY is an executable, you don't need to run it with CMD.EXE.  If you
want to use the COPY command, though, then you will want to do it like this:

CMD.EXE /C COPY "source\file.ext" "destination\directory"

Also note that I wrapped your destination path in double quotes since it
includes spaces, and then I changed the outer quotes to singles.

Cheers,

Troy