[wpkg-users] Run script in elevated mode

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Wed Mar 10 17:33:13 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm using scripts[1] to install applications, I want to modify my
install.cmd to wrapp the unattended.cmd call with execute-elevated.js

I have a problem, tested with win7, in install.cmd :
- set ELEVATE=\\myserver\PATH\TO\execute-elevated.js
- replace: call "%INSTALLER_LOC%%INSTALLER%"...
  with: cscript /Nologo "%ELEVATE%" "%INSTALLER_LOC%%INSTALLER%"...

When I run: \\myserver\PATH\TO\install.cmd:
- I get the UAC prompt, I select OK
- a new cmd window is open and immediatly closed, nothing is installed

I put "echo DEBUG > %TMP%" at the top of unattended.cmd and see that
nothing is created, so the script is not called.

Any hints or idea?

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://wpkg.org/User:Dad