[wpkg-users] "The network path was not found." - Windows 7, wireless connection.

jetshopit at o2.co.uk jetshopit at o2.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 17:10:48 CET 2010

I have Windows 7 machines which are connected only by wireless. WPKG is
set to run at startup. However, no packages are installed, instead the
Event Viewer has an error entry

WNetAddConnection2-> The network path was not found.

from WPKGService.

If I manually start the service, all is well. So I think the problem
is that WPKG is running before the wireless connection is established.
I'm not actually sure when Windows 7 establishes the wireless
connection - at startup or at login.

How can I make wpkg wait until the connection is established, then
run, rather than quitting as is currently the case? Possibly something
with the 'Execute Before' option?