[wpkg-users] WPKG setups.

K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 15 23:58:40 CET 2010

Hi,

 Long time no see folks. For various reasons I haven't been around this
list for a while and I'm only just catching up with the cool stuff of
Rainer's new version (1.1.2).

 I've gone back over the last 2000 or so e-mails to the list since I was
here last and many people now see to use the "package" definition to
handle delivering a new version of software by changing the install
commands and "bumping" the version.

 Is that a suggested practice nowadays? I've always used the "bumping"
technique to update a particular package's definition. All my *real*
package version handling is done through profile dependencies (aka I
have a "Firefox" profile which depends on a "Firefox 3.5" profile and if
I upgrade I change that rather than the package itself).

 I've had a problem with the "upgrade before install" option in wpkg
recently and I was about to bug it but I just wanted to find out if
things had changed before I relied on how I'm using it.

 Regards,

Keith