[wpkg-users] Unable to start wpkg in Windows 7 until I manually connect to WPKG share

Patrick Lee plee at cca.edu
Tue Mar 23 00:04:17 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm in the middle of testing WPKG in Windows 7 and I'm encountering a strange problem that I can't get around. For some reason, the WPKG service won't start on startup or manually via Services or "net start wpkgservice" from the command line until I manually connect to the WPKG share in Windows Explorer. Afterwards, WPKG will start and everything is fine until the next reboot. In the Event Viewer, I get the message "WNetAddConnection2-> The network path was not found."

My machine is not on wireless and I still get the same error when I put in the IP address instead of the DNS name for the path to wpkg.js. I'm running Window 7 Enterprise (64-bit) with version 1.1.2 of wpkg.js and version 1.3.4 of WPKG client (64-bit). I'm thinking this might be due to some network configuration that I'm not totally aware of but I'm at a loss.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Patrick Lee
User Support Systems Administrator
California College of the Arts - San Francisco
Email: plee at cca.edu