[wpkg-users] MSI-Installer 1.3.14 on Win7

Heiko Helmle (horiba/eu) heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Thu Mar 25 08:35:15 CET 2010

Hello List,

I'm just checking out the 1.3.14 beta on Windows 7 and seem to be running
into trouble (and a quick search over bugzilla and the list didn't get
results).

Just double-clicking on the MSI brings me an error "You must have
administrative privilege to run this tool." during install and the MSI
gets rolled back.

This despite my user does have the right to elevate AND the MSI requested
an elevation on the beginning of the install. To me it looks like the
MSI-command to run the Configurator-Tool is missing the "run elevated"
flag.

But on the other hand I guess someone must have run into this already and
maybe I missed something.

PS: Beta 1.3.10 runs fine.

Best Regards
        Heiko Helmle