[wpkg-users] Firefox Proxy - unlocked [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Michael Chinn Michael.Chinn at gbrmpa.gov.au
Thu Mar 4 06:27:18 CET 2010

I used to repack Firefox and spent ages suppressing various dialog boxes and options then add the Mozilla.cfg, but now I have a different approach.

Essentially I create my own localization by changing the built in one (im too lazy to compile my own custom localization)

Download full installer from
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/latest/win32/en-US/
Extract using 7zip
Edit the localized contents
localized\Browserconfig.properties (default homepage)
localized\defaults\pref\firefox-l10n.js (the preferences, equivalent of defaultPref)
localized\dictionaries -> load the AU
localized\searchplugins -> load our internal ones

run "%pathtofirefox%\setup.exe -ms /INI=%pathtofirefox%\config.ini"

lockedPrefs are deployed using a GPO Preference to add the Mozilla.cfg

Silent updating is still borken and is an outstanding bug on bugzilla, but replicating the above is fairly simple for point releases.

Michael Chinn
PC Support Office
Information and Communications Technology
Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
2-68 Flinders Street
PO Box 1379
Townsville Qld 4810

Ph:    07 4750 0855
Fax:   07 4772 6093
email: michael.chinn at gbrmpa.gov.au

Visit us at: http://www.gbrmpa.gov.au
If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately
by return email and delete all copies. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or
distribution of this email is prohibited.