[wpkg-users] Firefox Proxy - unlocked

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at rpsmetocean.com
Thu Mar 4 09:41:54 CET 2010

Marco Gaiarin wrote:
>> and default preferences.  You can do some pretty cool things with it in
>> Thunderbird, especially if your organization uses a single-sign on
>> technology and has an LDAP server.
>
> Ahem, can you give some feedback? ;-)

I sure can, because I find the autoconfiguration very helpful. I won't
try to explain what we've done, but I will say that I started with the
URLs below. The second one was especially helpful. We now have a system
such that when someone runs Thunderbird for the first time, it prompts
them for their password and that's it. No prompts for server or username
or protocol or import wizard.

http://mit.edu/~thunderbird/www/maintainers/autoconfig.html
http://www.int-evry.fr/s2ia/user/procacci/netscape/en/mozilla-autoconfig-en.html
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/MCD,_Mission_Control_Desktop_AKA_AutoConfig
http://wiki.mozilla.org/MailNews:LDAP_Address_Books

Cheers,
Greg.

--
Gregory Orange                            Phone: +61 8 9387 7955
System Administrator                      Fax: +61 8 9387 6686