[wpkg-users] Unable to start wpkg in Windows 7 until I manually connect to WPKG share

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Mar 23 00:44:35 CET 2010

Am 23.03.2010 00:39, Patrick Lee wrote:

>> I.e. if you change the config to use IP addresses - does it make any
>> change?
>
> I did change my config to use the IP address (one of the first things I
> tried) and I still got the same error. I also checked the forward and
> reverse lookups of the server name using nslookup and everything looks
> good.

There were bugs reported for earlier versions where the client was
unable to connect to the server during bootup.

Here, however, it's very different, as it's not even able to connect
when you're logged in and i.e. try to "net start wpkgservice". Very strange.

What server do you use? Samba, or something by Microsoft? With Samba,
it's usually easier to debug things.

Also, no firewall / antivirus is used on your Windows 7 PC?