[wpkg-users] Deployment over Internet

Philipp v. Thunen phil_lists at pvth.de
Tue May 4 19:50:33 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I found the following thread in the wpkg-users archive
http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/2009-April/004741.html
and tried to create such a solution for me too, because I have clients
(just a few) that can't access my WPKG server via Samba.

To test this, I copied wpkg.js and config.xml to %PROGRAMFILES%\wpkg on
the client machine and uploaded hosts.xml, profiles.xml and packages.xml
(which contains <download url=...> tags) to my webserver. In the
config.xml, I changed the wpkg_base parameter to my HTTP path
(http://myuser:myerpass@myserver).

Unfortunately, wpkg seems to expect a wpkg_web installation under this
path (because it appends profiles_xml_out.php to the URL):

| C:\Documents and Settings\philipp\Desktop>cscript "C:\Program
|  Files\wpkg\wpkg.js" /synchronize
| Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7
| Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
|
| Error parsing xml
|  'http://myuser:myerpass@myserver/profiles_xml_out.php':
|  System error: -2146697210.
|
| File      http://myuser:myerpass@myserver/profiles_xml_out.php
| Line      0
| Linepos   0
| Filepos   0
| srcText
|
| Message:      No profiles found. Aborting
| Error number: a
| Stack:        undefined
| Line:         undefined

Do I have to install wpkg_web or does this solution work without it? If
yes, where is my mistake?

Thanks in advance,
Philipp