[wpkg-users] Java hanging on install

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Wed May 26 15:58:22 CEST 2010

Troy Hamilton <troy.a.hamilton at gmail.com> writes:

> Daniel,
>
> I had the exact same problem until I explicitly killed jqs.exe before
> trying to uninstall the old versions.  Like Marc suggested, this is
> the first command that I run:
>
> taskkill /f /im jqs.exe /im iexplore.exe /im firefox.exe

WPKG client is run when the computer is shutdown, so iexplore and
firefox are (should?) be down, I use:

REM Stop Quick Starter service if any
net STOP JavaQuickStarterService 2> NUL > NUL

echo Disable "Java Quick Starter"
"%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe" -unregister

Before running msiexec calls...

I'll test the output redirections to see if there is an improvement, and
then add the taskkill.

I'll finally understand what's happenning ;-)

Thanks.
--
Daniel Dehennin
RAIP de l'Orne