[wpkg-users] wpkg: proposed changes to <download> tag

Thu Oct 14 11:44:41 CEST 2010

I like these ideas. I would like to have another related enhancement:

Wpkg.js /download

Should only do a download but not install or remove anything.

Wpkg.js ... /nodownload

Should perform install operations but skip any download tags.

In order for this to make sense, your proposed changes would also be required.

Use case: the download could be done once on the server that wpkg runs off of and doesn't have to be done on each individual workstation.

Advantages:

-          Bandwidth saving

-          when using wpkg in a startup script, a download can eat dramatically into the startup script timeout.