[wpkg-users] Question: chained removals ?

Sat Oct 16 09:11:13 CEST 2010

As far as I understand it, wpkg would inherently do what you want.

Once p_1, p_2 and p_3 are all managed packages (i.e., added to wpkg.xml), future runs of wpkg would look at the profile. As long as p_1 is in the profile, all three packages remain (p_1 because it is explicitly listed, and p_2 and p_3 because they are dependencies).

When you remove p_1 from the profile, wpkg would not find any of the three packages mentioned in the profile, but still find them in wpkg.xml. Thus it will then remove these packages.

Or maybe I'm mistaken about this.