[wpkg-users] Need help having WPKG set filesystem permissions before and after running script

Todd Blum todd at toddblum.org
Wed Sep 15 21:11:02 CEST 2010

Hello,

 	I am using WPKG for the first time.  I have WPKG and wpkgexpress
running on XMPP on a Windows XP workstation in a Windows domain
environment.

 	I have been updating my company's .NET application with a script
that runs cwrsync on the Program Files directory on the user's
workstations, but I've been getting in to some trouble because cwrsync
leaves the ownership and permissions of the files different than it finds
them.  I was hoping to use WPKG to first set ownership and permissions on
the program's Program Files directory, perform the cwrsync script, then
set the ownership and permissions again on the Program Files directory.
I'm not readily seeing a package example for changing filesystem
permissions--does anyone know the best way to perform these tasks?

 	I chose rsync as the update model because the program doesn't have
to be reinstalled with each update, and I thought it would minimize
bandwidth usage (the rsync server is centralized and there are many
disparate networks).

Thanks for your help,

Todd

--