[wpkg-users] Using wpkg to set windows update to use wsus

John Danks john.danks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 19:16:52 CEST 2011

I use a package definition that overwrites the entire local group
policy. If you want to have different local group policies on
different machines then you have to make multiple versions of this. I
only have the regular policy and a mobile policy, so it works out well
enough for me.

<package
	id="group_policy"
	name="Default Windows Local Group Policy"
	revision="8"
	priority="50"
	execute="always">

	<check
		type="file"
		condition="exists"
		path="C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\gpt.ini" />

	<install cmd='%COMSPEC% /C rmdir /S /Q C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy'>
		<exit code="2" />
	</install>
	<install cmd='%COMSPEC% /C mkdir C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy' />
	<install cmd='%COMSPEC% /C xcopy /E /H
%SOFTWARE%\apps\group_policy\default C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\'
/>
	<install cmd='%COMSPEC% /C gpupdate' />

	<upgrade cmd='%COMSPEC% /C rmdir /S /Q C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy'>
		<exit code="2" />
	</upgrade>
	<upgrade cmd='%COMSPEC% /C mkdir C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy' />
	<upgrade cmd='%COMSPEC% /C xcopy /E /H
%SOFTWARE%\apps\group_policy\default C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\'
/>
	<upgrade cmd='%COMSPEC% /C gpupdate' />

	<remove cmd='%COMSPEC% /C rmdir /S /Q C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy'>
		<exit code="2" />
	</remove>
</package>