[wpkg-users] WPKG client, win7 and run on shutdown

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Wed Feb 16 08:48:10 CET 2011

Hello,

We are looking at enableing wpkg for windows vista and windows 7
workstations, the delayed logon does not work but this is not a
limitation for us as we run it at shutdown[1].

On windows 7, the wpkg client do not run at shutdown, it looks like
windows kill it before the end.

Another option is to switch to wpkg-gp, but this on do not run at
shutdown[2].

Any idea who do to it?

Regards.

Footnotes:
[1]  We do not want to run at startup to avoid delay before people can
     work, they do not like waiting before checking their mails ;-)

[2]  We tests using a shutdown script which start wpkg client (configured
     to run at startup) and loop 30 times making 6 pings every 10 seconds
     waiting for the service to stop, not really sexy.

--
Daniel Dehennin
RAIP de l'Orne