[wpkg-users] Installing SNMP on XP

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 08:17:40 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 3:01 AM, Brodie, James
<James.Brodie at fostersgroup.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to install windows components such as “Management and
> Monitoring Tools” with WPKG?

yes, although I do not have a package at hand to show how to do it.

You can check if it is installed by querying a register key in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
    CurrentVersion\Setup\OC Manager\Subcomponents\ ;

if it's installed, then it's 1, otherwise it's 0 (or otherwise, I do
not have a windows pc now at hand, sorry).

Then you write a ini file like described here:

http://oreilly.com/pub/h/1165

and run SYSOCMGR.EXE with the correct arguments. It takes a few tries
to get right (it least, it took *me* a few tries), but then it works
fine.

--
natxo