[wpkg-users] profile question

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Fri Feb 18 20:13:01 CET 2011

Am Freitag, 18. Februar 2011, 14:09:51 schrieb Falko Trojahn:
> Hi,
>
> On 18.02.2011 10:22, wrote Natxo Asenjo:
> > hi,
> >
> > is it possible to apply a profile depending on the result of a command?
>
> I think this should be possible with recent wpkg.js versions:
>
> - create a package "checkpkg" which has one (or more) "execute" check(s)
>   http://wpkg.org/Packages.xml#Execute
>
> - create a profile (or package) which depends first on this "checkpkg"
>
> -> the profile only gets installed when checkpkg is installed,
>      which is only installed when the execute check returns true ...

It's nice indeed, and I've been tempted more than once to (ab)use execute
checks like this.  Unfortunately this also clutters the logs with error
messages, which IMHO shows it's a hack indeed.
I do miss conditional dependencies once in a while...e.g. a dependency that is
fulfilled if at least/at most one of a list of packages is installed.  Or a
dependency that is only triggered under some circumstances.  Something along
the lines of boolean chec conditions for building the dependency tree.

Regards,
Malte