[wpkg-users] Using BITS to transfer files?

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Wed Jan 5 15:50:49 CET 2011

Malte Starostik <malte at malte.homeip.net> writes:

> I can't confirm this.  I'm running WPKG off a samba server and the clients
> access the share with machine credentials just fine.  I've granted read access
> to the "Domain Computers" group and all is well.

And a guest access OK?

Without it I have the following error in my samba log file:

#v+
guest user (from session setup) not permitted to access this share (wpkg$)
#v-

I see the connection as:

#v+
check_ntlm_password:  Checking password for unmapped user []\[]@[TEST-MACHINE] with the new password interface
#v-

When I enable the guest access to my WPKG share, the wpkginst.exe test
give me:

#v+
Testing complete

2 - OK
1 - failed
5 - not tested

Details:

Action: Offline mode - connecting to 192.168.123.9
Result: [OK]
Message:

Action: Connecting to \\horus\wpkg$\wpkg.js as
Result: [FAILED]
Message: WNetAddConnection2-> Échec d'ouverture de session : nom d'utilisateur inconnu ou mot de passe incorrect.[1]

Action: Trying to read \\horus\wpkg$\wpkg.js
Result: [OK]
Message:
#v-

Regards.