[wpkg-users] Running wpkg.js as System Account

LAPLAUD François laplaud at sdis72.fr
Fri Jan 7 13:52:42 CET 2011

Yes indeed,
Here are my needs :
- a working wpkg ( ;-) )
- possibility to run wpkg periodically to be able to deploy packages in background while users are working. For my part, I won't force shutdown, but when I need it, I will add an install cmd in my packages using msg.exe telling the user to Reboot when he can to complete an update. (to run it periodically I thought about scheduled tasks. If I need to use scheduled tasks, why would I run a service wich will in return run a script  whereas I can run that script directly ? in both cases I will have to create a scheduled task...)
- when the scheduled tasked is about to run wpkg, I would like it to wait for some random time between 1 and 30 minutes for instance so that the network is not overloaded. (I suppose this part will need little modifications of the wpkg.js script itself but seems to be a quite easy one)

If you have any other opinion to share please let me know, I am trying to deploy wpkg since 1 week so I don't have an enough global vision to decide wich is the best solution.

François