[wpkg-users] Is it possible to Disable/Hide the Installation progress GUI?

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:37:24 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM, 101 <101junkstuff at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are setting WPKG to run on our machines at shutdown so not to delay the
> login experience for our users.
>
> We have the software deploying / installing ok on shutdown but have been
> asked if it can be run without the Display message being shown?
> http://wpkg.org/images/d/d6/Logon1.png
> http://wpkg.org/images/d/d6/Logon1.png
> http://wpkg.org/images/b/b6/Logon2.png
> http://wpkg.org/images/b/b6/Logon2.png
>
> So that the software installs silently but doesn’t shutdown the machine
> until the install has finished

so let me understand this: you are being asked to not notify the users
that they should not interrupt a process because if they did they
would increase the entropy of the windows workstations?

Are they also asking to remove the messages of updates being applied
to the machines by windows update and group policy? Because this is a
similar message.

How are you supposed to do your job as an admin if you can be easily
sabotaged? :-)

Of course some people will shutdown their pc's even after reading the
message on screen ..., but then you can tell them off for breaking
that pc :) and just reinstall it with
unattended/ris/opsi/altiriswhatever + wpkg and be up and running in no
time again.

--
natxo