[wpkg-users] Different variables per xml file

cleitet at gmail.com cleitet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:17:13 CEST 2011

Hi, all!

Is it possible to set different variables per xml file?

For example, I may have a environment variable
%WPKG_SRC%=\\server\share\Distribution\Managed

In this folder I have several subfolders:
- Common
- Administration
- Management

Which contains software fore these departments. I then have three packages
xml files named the same for WPKG, with instructions on how to install the
software.

Today I need to have:
common.xml:
<install cmd="%WPKG_SRC%\Common\package\package.exe" />
administration.xml:
<install cmd="%WPKG_SRC%\Administration\package\package.exe" />

etc.

Is it somehow possible to instead set:
common.xml
<packages>
  <variable name="SOFTWARE" value="%WPKG_SRC%\common\" />
<install cmd="%SOFTWARE\package\package.exe" />

etc.

This would make it easier to have portable packages, even though the source
of the packages are spread out on the network.

-CL