[wpkg-users] Wiki - documentation - extended host attribute matching

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:37:32 CEST 2011

Hi group,

I wonder what would be the advantage/benefit of adding the O/S strings to the page http://wpkg.org/Extended_host_attribute_matching
as it has been done during the last days.

I personally see no reason to include this, since this can be read from everyone's log file, if need is.

In addition who would use the O/S name, which can be quite different, when all you need is the O/S version number in many cases.
The only thing useful would be the service pack, but even that could be ignored in many cases.

Can anyone with a brighter mind enlighten me?

---
Stefan