[wpkg-users] TQ: Why is the LCID of the installing user used?

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 23:48:03 CEST 2011

Hi Rainer,

> Hi Stefan,
>
> On 18.07.2011 23:17, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> > I just noticed that the getLocale() function retrieves the
> language setting of the installing user.
> > Usually this is the SYSTEM user, so this might not have an
> impact in most environments.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better to use the setting of the system?
>
> This is a very valid question. Moreover changing to HKLM
> would be quite a
> trivial change. However I barely remember that this
> discussion was held already
> on the mailing list some when in the past.

I have already searched the list, but might have used the wrong words.
Will do another search.

> > I apologize in advance, if I am beating a dead horse.
>
> I hope you're not referring to WPKG as being a "dead horse" ;)
> It's ALIVE!

No of course not, I am very happy with the latest additions and I have already simplified many of my packages and profiles due to
the extended host attribute matching.

The amount of profiles is reduced, if you use the host attributes.

----

Will report back, if I find the old discussion.

---
Stefan