[wpkg-users] How to uninstall old version, reboot and install new version after the reboot

Martetschlaeger, Matthias Matthias.Martetschlaeger at at.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 21 14:25:27 CEST 2011

Hi Heiko,

I’m afraid the bug is biting me as the version that I want to replace is the version 1.6.9.19725 (32 bit) but chaining the removal and the installation of the new version did the trick.

Thanks!

BRs,
Matthias

This is my TortoiseSVN-package:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packages>
  <package id="TortoiseSVN" name="Tortoise SVN" revision="17" reboot="true" priority="4">
    <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="TortoiseSVN 1.6.15.21042 (32 bit)" />
    <install cmd='msiexec /qn /i "%SOFTWARE%\TortoiseSVN\TortoiseSVN-1.6.15.21042-win32-svn-1.6.16.msi" /norestart' >
      <exit code="0" reboot="postponed" />
      <exit code="3010" reboot="postponed" />
    </install>
    <upgrade cmd='MsiExec.exe /qn /x "{4B6A3B5E-D26E-4690-A061-F3E2FB10F0E5}"' >
      <exit code="0" reboot="postponed" />
      <exit code="1641" reboot="postponed" />
    </upgrade>
                <upgrade cmd='msiexec /qn /i "%SOFTWARE%\TortoiseSVN\TortoiseSVN-1.6.15.21042-win32-svn-1.6.16.msi" /norestart' >
      <exit code="0" reboot="postponed" />
      <exit code="3010" reboot="postponed" />
    </upgrade>
    <remove cmd='MsiExec.exe /qn /x "%SOFTWARE%\TortoiseSVN\TortoiseSVN-1.6.15.21042-win32-svn-1.6.16.msi"' >
      <exit code="0" reboot="postponed" />
      <exit code="1641" reboot="postponed" />
    </remove>
  </package>