[wpkg-users] How about allowing a comma separated list for exit codes?

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 21:26:59 CEST 2011

> In fact thinking about this it might even have been better to
> also specify
> extended host matches in a similar way. For example:
>
> <install ...>
>    <hostmatch>
>      <os value="some-os" />
>      <lcid value="408" />
>      <lcid value="409" />
>    </hostmatch>
> </install>
>
> But now it's implemented in attributes. Well, we might clean
> this up in future
> versions, but this would clearly break existing packages now.

The above layout seems to be quite easy.

Changing the LCID node would have affected the config.xml file too, since you use it for the localized messages.

----

Cleaning this up in the future would only require a converter to be written, which scans all available files and converts them to
the new format.
Users would only have to pretty print the result and add the comments back in, if they would get lost, which should not be the case.

Might be a project for WPKG 2.0 ;-)

---
Stefan