[wpkg-users] Fwd: Different variables per xml file

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:51:53 CEST 2011

> > I still can't see the benefit of having separate folders
> for the package files, but I do not know your environment either.
> >

> It is for keeping it tidy, as we have more than 120 packages
> in our environment.

I have 200 packages, but have arranged them into one XML file per application, so there are only about 50 XML files.

The installers are separated into one folder per application, which results in a long list of folders in the installer vault, but
you seldom access that.

I think you should be still able to manage this using the new host attribute matching.

If anything fails, you can still create computer groups, since this will allow you to assign a computer to multiple groups.

I would create a list of my applications in a spreadsheet and assign the hosts to them, then you will have a clear view of what is
really needed.

---
Stefan