[wpkg-users] WPKG uninstalls unmanaged software?

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Mon Jun 6 13:31:43 CEST 2011

Hello Kevin,

> McAfee is part of my internal profile, but is not part of the preinstall profile since not all computers that come in have a license for it.
>
> I found that WPKG did in fact remove McAfee even though it hadn't installed it.
>
> I run the preinstallation with the following command line:
>
> CScript "%BASEDIR%\windows\wpkg\wpkg.js" /profile:preinstall /synchronize /nonotify /quiet
>
> So the conditions to reproduce this appear to be:
>
> - Find a computer that has never been managed by WPKG
Are you sure, there hadn't been a wpkg.xml on this computer before?

> - Create a package for some software that is already installed on this computer
> - Create a profile called "workstation" that contains this software.
> - Create a profile called "preinstall" that does not contain this software.
>
> Use the above command line to launch wpkg on the test computer.

Please send

- full debug log of this process or, if you don't find it (but - if it
is reproducible - you should ...), you have perhaps some eventlog entries.

- xmls (at least of the profiles and the McAfee package)

- you don't use Wpkg Client or similar on this computer, do you?

Best regards,
Falko