[wpkg-users] various problems due to wpkg starting simultaneously

mourik jan heupink heupink at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 11:03:52 CET 2011

Hi all,

I have noticed that wpkg nowadays starts multiple times during one logon.

I'm using the root preexec configuration in smb.conf
(http://wpkg.org/WPKG_with_winexe)

Here is an interesting bit from the log:
http://pastebin.com/UJqzzgib
where you can see that wpkg is started multiple times, once for every
share. In the past, wpkg only started ONCE on share IPC_

The root preexec statement is in the Global part of my smb.conf, as it
is in the instructions on the wpkg wiki. (confirmed with testparm)

Any idea why this could be happening? Ideas how to solve this? Could
moving the root preexec statement to the [netlogon] share be an idea?

Regards,
MJ