[wpkg-users] wpkg preexec smb.conf

mourik jan heupink heupink at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:51:52 CET 2011

Hi,

Could someone help me to understand the following, I'm not a programmer,
but I have been experimenting a lot with the wpkg-preexec.sh script.

I am under the impression that the host logging on should only be
updated every 24 hours. However, I can't find any logic in the
wpkg-preexec.sh script where this behaviour is established.

Below is how I now understand things, and PLEASE correct me if I'm
wrong...: (I'm not a programmer at all...)

First the UPDATE veriable is set to 0, and then, depending on various
conditions, it is set to 1, meaning: the host needs to be updated.

1st condition: if the we have hit the netlogon share -> UPDATE=1

2nd condition: if "wpkg_run_is_done" exists in the existing
machine-specific logfile -> UPDATE=1

3rd condition that i don't really understand (if [ "x$STAMP" != x ]) ->
UPDATE=1

And after this all is determined, either we either (when UPDATE=1) call
winexe/wpkg to update the workstation, or we (when UPDATE=0) exit.

However, it seems to me that the seconds condition is true 90% of the
time, except when it is currently actually updating a workstation.

Meaning we will start the update-procedure 90% of the time, and not only
every 24 hours.

So, I must be missing something. Can someone point our what?

And a small bonus question: Will wpkg work with windows 7? Don't see any
windows 7 info on the website/wiki...

Regards!
MJ