[wpkg-users] %version% fails on download and block-package request

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Wed Mar 9 22:12:27 CET 2011

I am testing WPKG combined with Dropbox to see if the combination
dropbox+download could be a solution for people out of office for longer
periods of time.
I keep the wpkg base and all xml files + tools in a network shared
Dropbox folder and all programs are downloaded using <download
url='http://location/file.exe'/>

So far so good, but now I found out that some packages on wpkg.org are
using variables for the version number, which would be very nice and
allow faster package updating when a new version arrive.

The problem I get is that the URL part of the download does not seem to
handle the %version% variable, however the target does.

ex: (url shorted to fit email better)
<variable name="version" value="10.0.0" />
<download
url='https://wpkg/program/AdobeReader/AdbeRdr%version%_en_US.msi'
target="wpkg\AdbeRdr%version%_en_US.msi"/>

This will give the output (sorry about the line cuts):

Downloading
'https://wpkg/program/AdobeReader/AdbeRdr%version%_en_US.msi' to
'C:\Windows\Temp\wpkg\AdbeRdr10.0.0_en_US.msi'
Download failed: The parameter is incorrect.

As you can see the %version% was resolved only in the second part of the
command.

Also, I would have a feature request.
All our computers have Adobe Reader installed by default, but some of
them have the full version.
I want the full version to block the installation of the reader to avoid
conflicts.

Since we today can depend, chain & include I think that block would be a
nice addition.

--
David Petterson <david at ifm.liu.se>        Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617
Systems Administrator