[wpkg-users] %version% fails on download and block-package request

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Thu Mar 10 14:23:44 CET 2011

Thanks for your reply!

> Maybe it will be better to use server side redirection or something like
> this, making the url stable?

That should work, or I could just live with that I have to change both
values on upgrade, but it would be nice if it could work somehow.

> If you are using network shared Dropbox to distribute wpkg folder, why
> not using the same for the applications and avoid the need to use download?

This is a combination of not wanting to fill the users Dropbox with
applications (we have a lot of applications that differ between research
groups) and me wanting to test the download feature.

> Maybe a check in the adobe package to test for the version of adobe
> installed by the package or any newer or the full version?

I have considered using the check condition for this, but we have a
range of different Adobe Acrobat versions so the list would be long, and
I also have to add this to all future patches and make sure they all are
the same.
can I use regex in the file path?

ex %PROGRAMFILES%\Adobe\Acrobat (8|9|10)\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe

Then I could use this single check to see if any full version of Acrobat
is installed instead of checking for 8, 9 and 10.
(all research groups buy their own software licenses so we cant just use
the latest version for all of them, but we uninstall old versions that
is not updated anymore by Adobe)

--
David Petterson <david at ifm.liu.se>		Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617
Systems Administrator