[wpkg-users] is timeout implemented?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Mar 25 21:23:33 CET 2011

Hi Mark,

On 25.03.2011 20:07, Mark Nienberg wrote:
> The wiki page for packages.xml describes the timeout property and gives this
> example:
>
> <install cmd="msiexec /qn /i %SOFTWARE%\package.msi" timeout="1800" />
>
> It doesn't work for me. Before I describe my problem, I' wondering if this
> feature implemented in the current stable 1.1.2?

I've quickly checked the source of wpkg.js 1.1.2 and 1.1.3-RC6. Both implement
the timeout functionality. The exec() function returns -1 if the timeout is
exceeded.

However the exec() function also suffers from a couple of bugs in WSH
implementation of Microsoft which will probably never be supported.