[wpkg-users] Script execution: failure. Exit code: 1

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Mon Mar 28 13:29:59 CEST 2011

Am Montag, 28. März 2011, 12:53:20 schrieb David Petterson:
> > Did you configure the user/password for the service to use.  Can this
> > account access the server?
> > You can try to run cmd via psexec as the same user (SYSTEM?) that WPKG
> > Client runs as and see if you can access the server from that shell.
>
> It uses the same (SYSTEM) user account as on my other computers running
> XP Pro and Windows 7. When I start the service manually it works fine.

Not sure if this applies to XP Home and if this fix works.  In the registry,
under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ try setting the value of SyncForegroundPolicy to 1
(or add it as a REG_DWORD if it doesn't exist).
If that fails, you could maybe delay the WPKG execution by some other means -
a local script to execute before the action wpkg run, a local wrapper script
or just a connect script with a long delay.  Anything that runs locally to
waste some time for the network to come up.

HTH,
Malte