[wpkg-users] Script execution: failure. Exit code: 1

Geoff Brown geoffrey at sfu.ca
Mon Mar 28 19:49:01 CEST 2011

I have found that often the installation of some Development IDE or Dreamweaver will often take ownership of .js and .vbs files.

Setting a startup script that runs before WPKG can help remedy the situation:

------>script below<------

regsvr32 vbscript /s
regsvr32 jscript /s

------>script above<------

Try manually running those command lines on a single problem system to see if it fixes you!

Hope this helps.

On 2011-03-27, at 2:25 PM, David Petterson wrote:

> On one of my computers running Windows XP Home edition and WPKG Client 1.3.9 get this error:
> "Script execution: failure. Exit code: 1"
>
> Every time the service run on system startup it fails, but when I start the service manually everything works fine.
>
> Anyone got a clue how to fix this?
>
> /David
>
> --
> David Petterson<david at ifm.liu.se>         Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617
> Systems Administrator
> Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology at Linköping University
> Office: F F202
> SE 581 83 Linköping, Sweden

---
Geoff Brown