[wpkg-users] wpkg upgrade firefox 3.6 to 4.0.1

Donny Brooks dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us
Tue May 10 20:14:19 CEST 2011

Hello all,

       I currently am pushing out firefox 3.6 series to my clients via
wpkg. We have tested firefox 4.0.1 and it seems to work well enough to
go live to the end users. My question is this: Since they already have
the 3.6 series how would I go about installing the 4.0.1 without them
losing any of their bookmarks and such? Would I simply change the
firefox.xml script to point to the new 4.0.1 installer instead of the
3.6 series? I could setup a test machine to try it on but that will be a
few days before I can get to it and figured someone on here may have
already done it. Thanks in advance.

Donny B.