[wpkg-users] Refresh local WKPG.XML

John Danks john.danks at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:12:26 CEST 2011

What do your package definitions look like? Are you using WPKG Client?
How is it configured?

It's best-practice to declare a variable in the settings.xml that
points to the server share for package files, and then use that
instead of hardcoding server paths in packages.xml.

<install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\apps\firefox\Firefox Setup %version%.exe" -ms' />

It would also be a good idea to configure WPKG Client to look for
wpkg.js at a generic name such as \\wpkg\wpkg.js and use a CNAME
record in DNS to alias the "wpkg" hostname to whatever server actually
holds the files. (I didn't do this but now I think I should...)