[wpkg-users] packages not installing/upgrading

Carlos R. Pasqualini pasqualinic at fcal.uner.edu.ar
Fri Aug 31 23:45:08 CEST 2012

El vie, 31-08-2012 a las 23:01 +0200, Stefan Pendl escribió:
> Am 31.08.2012 18:53, schrieb Carlos R. Pasqualini:
> > Hi people!
> >

> > i'm having trouble with upgradings trough wpkg and cannot find any way
> > to debug it ¿is there a debug howto or something? i couldn't find any
> > info about it.
> >

> Have you already tried the /debug switch?
>
> "cscript wpkg.js /help" will display all available switches.

Thanks for your fast reply Stefan!

yes, indeed i have automatic save of debug logs for every run of WPKG in
a server's share.

What i'm trying to do is to understand that Debug output

I'm using wpkg-gp on a few clients (~30 PCs from a ~250PCs network) and
having some weird errors; some machines do apply new versions and others
says 'it's updated' but do not update some apps. Is like wpkg
overwriting variable values with local values and not taking the values
from the packages.xml

Today i found an error on a package description, i suspect that type of
errors are the source of troubles, but i need to debug and find others,
and the output of /debug apparently is not showing all the info i need
to understand the trouble.

So, may be i'm short of mind and not understanding how to debug wpkg
installations, or my way of thinking is not the way WPKG works, nothing
could help more than a 'Debug HowTo' in this case.

Best Regards