[wpkg-users] Architecture being ignored when installing

MReardon mule at inso.org
Thu Dec 13 00:54:51 CET 2012

Hello,

I've been updating all of my package definitions so that they work properly
in a mixed 32/64 environment, but I'm having a problem in that the
architecture seems to be getting ignored.

For example, in my iTunes package I have the following:
        <install architecture="x86" cmd='msiexec /i
"%SOFTWARE%\itunes\%version%-x86\AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi" /passive
/norestart /qn' timeout='300' />
        <install architecture="x64" cmd='msiexec /i
"%SOFTWARE%\itunes\%version%-x64\AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi" /passive
/norestart /qn' timeout='300' />

When WPKG runs however, it always runs the x86 version.  If I switch the
order around it still runs the x86 version.  The same thing is happening on
all of our workstations.  I've made sure the package revision was
incremented, I've even reimaged a few of the machines to see if that made a
difference but it has not.

Strangely, if I run wpkg.js in a terminal window with /debug, it tries to
run the proper file (but fails due to the software variable not being set).
But then when I try the service it again goes back to trying to install the
32 bit version.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in how I'm trying to use that variable?

Thank you for any assistance that may come my way!