[wpkg-users] Windows7 UAC - Registry-Key for Current User

Peter Beck peter at datentraeger.li
Sun Feb 5 01:32:15 CET 2012

Hi guys,

I'm using a package which deploys some company-braning (backgrounds
etc). For setting the users background I am using Active-Setup which
works flawlessy on XP but on Win7 I get an UAC dialog asking to import
the registry-key. This key is for me to check if the settings for the
current user are already applied.

<install cmd='%COMSPEC% /C reg add "HKCU\Software\foo" /f /v "Settings"
/d "%version%" /t REG_SZ' />

Is there any way to suppress the UAC message without completely
disabling it ?

Thanks
Peter

  you'll know what the answer means." - Deep Thought