[wpkg-users] Merge XML files, remove comments and validate?

Mi mi.lists.wpkg at alma.ch
Wed Feb 8 19:07:51 CET 2012

> I have made a combination of batch and perl script that merges and removes all comments. The only thing that is missing is the validation.
> Doesnt WPKG have some kind of validation built in with the latest version?

If you are already using Perl anyway, you can probably use it for validation. Here is an example from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1719139/why-does-my-xsd-file-fail-to-parse-with-xmllibxml/1719406#1719406

   #!/usr/bin/perl
   use strict; use warnings;
   use XML::LibXML;
   use XML::DOM;

   my $xml = 'Export.xml';
   my $xsd = 'export.xsd';
   if ( my $error = validate_xml_against_xsd($xml, $xsd) ) {
       die "Validation failed: $error\n";
   }