[wpkg-users] Merge XML files, remove comments and validate?

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Thu Feb 9 13:18:29 CET 2012

On 2012-02-08 14:43, Rainer Meier wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On 08.02.2012 13:12, David Petterson wrote:
>> Doesnt WPKG have some kind of validation built in with the latest
>> version?
>
> WPKG 1.3 comes with XSD files which can be used to validate your XML
> files syntactically. If you want to test it, just run WPKG on a test
> host. Or run some WPKG query command so WPKG will read the whole XML
> database and print errors if it cannot parse the files.
>
> br,
> Rainer

Maybe you can add a /validateonly flag to the wpkg.js or something? :)

I have moved all my individual package/profile xml files to a separate
share where I create/edit the files. Then I run my merge script before
the merged file is copied to the live share. It would be great to be
able to run the validate with wpkg before the files are copied.

I will try your perl script Mi. The problem I have had with previous
perl script I found when searching is that the modules have been missing
in Active perl for windows.

/David

--
David Petterson <david at ifm.liu.se>		Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617