[wpkg-users] regex in registry paths?

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Fri Jun 1 08:58:19 CEST 2012

On 2012-05-31 16:35, Rainer Meier wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On 31.05.2012 15:10, David Petterson wrote:
>> Is is it possible to use regex in the path for registry checks?
>>
>> ex:
>> <check architecture="x64" type="registry" condition="equals"
>> path="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F8641([0-9])*FF}\DisplayVersion"
>>
>> value="%VERSION%"/>
>>
>> Just want to make sure that regex is supported before I try to figure
>> out why I can not make it to work.
>
> No. It's not working for paths. Only for value matching I've added
> regexp matching recently (developer version).
>
> Also I think such a feature would be quite exhausting for the registry
> parser and would slow down things a lot. As of my knowledge Microsoft
> API does not provide regular expression registry key matching.
>
> If you similar thing I would rather recommend writing custom script
> which you can call from WPKG using exec checks.
>

> br,
> Rainer

What I want to do is to check if the 32-bit version of Java has been
installed on 64-bit Windows 7.
Is there a better way to do this? uninstall only checks for 64 bit apps
(on 64-bit os), or will it check for both?

--
David Petterson <david at ifm.liu.se>		Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617
Systems Administrator