[wpkg-users] Using Wpkg on "small" remote sites without local samba share

chryjs chryjs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:08:52 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have now to manage about 250 small remote locations with about 1 or 2
computers installed , linked with DSL modem and no local samba
shares/server.

I am very happy in using WPKG on many local "bigger" sites, but is there
any way to have wpkg work remotely.

At the early begging of its install it asks for a remote share (wpkg.js and
so on)... I've read some http parameters but it lacks of some explanations
for the beginning . What I've read looks usefull with a local web server
and local samba shares... but nothing very helpful.

Please note that I am aware of VPN ... but forget about them :-)

Thanks for any advice

Regards

Chrys